Trash & Recycling
American Disposal Services (ADS) provides trash and recycling services for the Cascades Community Association.
Trash and Recycling service will not be provided on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, or New Year's Day and on other days on which the disposal facilities are closed. Management will update if schedules change.
- Trash Removal: Monday and Thursday
- Recycling Collection: Thursday
- Yard Waste Pickup: Monday
- Bulk or Large Item Pickup: Monday (requires a scheduling of at least 24 hours in advance)
ADS provides one wheeled, covered trash bin & recycling bin for each residence. Please note that each resident is entitled to one trash tote and one recycling tote upon moving in, and these totes belong to American Disposal Services - the totes will stay with the residence if an owner sells their home.
You are encouraged to keep a record of the serial number of your tote(s) should you need to identify it in the future. Requests for additional recycling bins and totes are accepted by phone at 703-368-0500.
Trash must be properly secured. All lots are required to use a trash container with an attached lid. Trash must be placed at the curbside or designated area by 6 am for collection.
ADS' weekly curbside recycling program includes the collection of aluminum cans, aluminum foil and trays rinsed and cleaned, metal food and beverage cans, Number 1 through Number 7 plastics, plastic bottles, wide-mouth plastic containers, and rigid plastics, newspapers, mixed paper, junk mail, magazines, phone books, and catalogs, empty aerosol cans, cardboard, paperboard (including cereal boxes without the lining and frozen food packages, etc), corrugated cardboard, moving boxes. Each Thursday, ADS will remove recyclable materials that have been placed at the curb for collection.
Glass can be recycled at the local recycling center (400 W Laurel Avenue Sterling, VA 20164): Loudoun Recycling Centers
Please note the following requirements concerning recycling collection services:
- Newspapers and magazines should be bundled and placed in paper grocery bags or tied with heavy twine if not placed directly into the recycling bin or tote.
- Plastic, aluminum and metal, and food or beverage containers should be rinsed and placed in bags, cardboard boxes, or recycling bins.
- Recyclables must be placed at the curbside or designated area by 6 am for collection.
- Recyclable materials can be comingled.
Each Monday, ADS will remove yard waste that has been placed at the curb for collection. Plastic bags are not accepted for yard waste. Yard waste should be placed in either paper bags or within bins marked as "yard waste".
Please note the following requirements concerning the collection of yard waste:
- Grass clippings and leaves should be bagged or in a can.
- Brush and limbs should be bundled.
- Limbs should not exceed four feet in length and three inches in diameter.
- Concrete, bricks, blocks, dirt, and soil are not acceptable.
- Yard waste must be placed at the curbside or designated area by 6 am for collection.
- The weight limit for yard waste is 50 pounds per bag or container, and residents are limited to 10 bags per yard waste collection.
ADS will collect all furniture, non-CFC appliances (everything except refrigerators and freezers), and other large, non-metal household items. American Disposal will charge a fee for kitchen items, some household appliances, and all construction/remodeling debris. Please contact ADS at least 24 hours in advance to schedule for collection of these items. Please notify ADS customer service at 703-368-0500 at least 24 hours in advance when putting out bulk items.
ADS will provide services on all holidays that fall on regularly-scheduled pickup days with the exception of Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, and other days on which the disposal facilities are closed. If a regularly-scheduled pickup day falls on one of these holidays, service will usually operate on a 1-day delay. If trash collection is canceled due to inclement weather, trash and recycling will be picked up on the next scheduled pickup day.
Please direct any questions to American Disposal Services at 703-368-0500.
The following items are accepted at the Loudoun County Landfill:
- Used Motor Oil
- Used Antifreeze
- Automobile Batteries and Lead-Acid Batteries
- Propane Tanks
- Animal Carcasses
- Latex Paint Storage / Fuel Tanks or Drums